Sunday, December 02, 2012

November ends in a whirl of activity


Fortification needed



I don't know how much fortification a brownie pop and a cup of decaf can give me but it was a nice treat for my drive home after running all of the kids, big and little, to school.
Back to my sewing projects




I mentioned that I'm trying to make some throw sized quilts for Krystle's school's craft bazaar. Courtney took a picture of me working on my second one. The other 4 are stacked and ready to go on the table beside me. I'm happy to say that all are sewn and the final two are in the washer. I'll put pictures on my next blog post.

Big decisions and commitments 
 Charles joined the Army National Guard!


Courtney and I were at MEPS for his swearing in ceremony.
He ships out for bootcamp in May so until then he is going to be doing some training locally and hopefully working a temporary job until he leaves.
Courtney did a little reading while we were waiting for the ceremony :0)
I'm so proud of their decision to have him serve our country in this way. My dad was in the Army National Guard so it felt like a very familiar environment over there.

Krystle's Krafts
 I don't know how many sock monkey's she has made for the bazaar but I think they are so cute made out of animal print socks. She has brown tone ones as well.  I hope she sells out, she's spent so much time and attention on them.
I caught Hayden heading out
I like to tease Hayden when he gets dressed up to go out. Now that he's in college he spends more time socializing than he's ever done before. I'm happy that he's got friends to do things with and that he tolerates me taking his picture before he leaves the house.
Decorating a little at a time



Years and years ago we got two of these kind of bunnies from Christmas Around the World. They were named Floyd and Flossie. Over the years I have found others that belong to the "family". This past week I found this Gramma and Grampa Bunny. I love that the Grandpa has blue eyes like Har and the Grandma has brown eyes like me. I also found a little girl bunny. The family is growing ;0)
 Speaking of growing!
Our grandchildren now number nine.
I found this ornament with nine little bears on it and thought it would be a perfect ornament to commemorate this Christmas.
Our tree is up but not much else. Little by little we're getting there. I so appreciate all of the help my guys have been giving me when I've been otherwise occupied.

Happy 1st Birthday Evie
We wish we could be partying with you today, Evelyn Amelia! We are thankful for the time that you spent with us this fall. It gave us even more reason to be head over heels in love with you.
You are a ray of sunshine! Happy Birthday sweet baby.

No comments: