Monday, June 09, 2014

Another ride and a picnic

Hmmmm? I wonder if they're good
I had to pop into the grocery store to pick up a couple of things before I drove down to Sellwood Waterfront Park to meet up with the Ride Like a Girl group. 
Have you seen these crackers before? There are several flavors. I guess I'm not much of a cracker connoisseur. 
A ride along the Springwater Trail 
to the Portland waterfront




I just ordered my bike jersey like the one pictured here. It is awesome seeing a group of riders that are wearing the same colors. Though we have had a nice colorful group with the various jackets that are worn too.
We had a substitute leader, named Kindel, for this ride. She was fantastic! 
Harlan has enjoyed riding this trail many times on Friday afternoons from his work to the Marketplace in Milwaukee. I would meet him there with the van, we'd have something to drink and head home. 
We attempted riding it one time but that was several years ago. We left from down near OMSI. It was around 100 degrees that day and I was over 100lbs overweight so suffice it to say, things did not go well and our ride was a short one.
This time I was excited to ride the 5.5 miles into town and back for a total of eleven miles.
Did I tell you our ride leader was awesome? She helped one of the ladies in our group fix a flat. We got a brief lesson in what that entails and we continued on after this photo op.



These three photos were taken shortly after I enforced a break for the group by flying over the handlebars of my bike. I landed on my helmet, left shoulder and left knee for the most part. I was happy to get that first spill over with. Our amazing leader came back and helped me get my handle bars straighten up and another gal helped me put the chain back on and away we went. 


We crossed the lower deck of the Steele Bridge and stopped to turn around near the fountains where the Saturday Market sets up. Just beyond that were the carnival rides and booths set up for the Rose Festival's City Fair.

My bike suffered the teeniest bit of road rash. I'm healing up fine and I had someone take my photo at the end of the ride to prove that I was doing good.
Preschool Graduation


Sweet Pea preschool, where Courtney works, celebrated the end of the year with a graduation for those heading off to Kindergarten next fall. Courtney happened to mention that there was a barbecue lunch planned and that someone was needed to man the grill. I was more than happy to volunteer.  
I could be that MAN!
I showed up and got busy cutting stuff and setting things out. I enjoyed it tremendously.
I think that all of the families enjoyed it too :0)

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Look at you! Bike chick :) I think you need a little license plate for your bike that says SISU! I can't wait until the next time we're in town and I can go riding with you. Though I think I'll have to start working out or I won't be able to keep up with you!! ;)

love you mom