Sunday, June 01, 2014

Went to the zoo, zoo, zoo. How about you?

It may be June but we're looking back at more stuff that we did in May
We used my George Foreman grill 
We made kabobs a plenty on our electric grill. This little indoor outdoor grill is pretty slick. It's going to be a great addition to our party room!
Cherise, her kids, Garrett & I visited the zoo






"A great place for a big family" It was not that many years ago that this was a great place for a Valentine's Day proposal. The former elk meadow where Kiel surprised Cherise is now part of the Elephant Lands exhibit.













I love that we have access to the porch of the farmhouse again. That wringer washer brought back some memories though the one we had was a newer model than that one.
We got to see the triplet lion cubs


The cubs are getting so big! Daddy lion tolerates them but isn't overly affectionate.




















"A new zoo"


Next time I'm at the zoo I'm going to look more closely at this map of all the changes that are being made to the Oregon Zoo. I thought it was pretty awesome the way it was but it looks like it's going to be pretty great when they finish all of their projects too.
Learning about animal care




There was a trailer in the parking lot of the zoo that was a Smithsonian Exhibit with several interactive things to do. It was geared to more of a school age audience but we walked through while Cherise nursed Quinn. Henry loved the ap that told him what sort of pet he should have. He ended up with a cat or a hermit crab. He has neither at the moment. They only have chickens :0)

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Gotta love the Oregon Zoo! I think every stage of that zoo has been wonderful and each new thing they add is well done and cool. I'm glad they aren't getting rid of the farm house. That is one of my favorite "new" things (I don't actually remember how old it is but I know it wasn't there when I was little. I still remember the duck pond area that is now the barn!)

I wonder if they have a "history of the Oregon Zoo" book. I would love to flip through one and see the zoo at its beginnings and how it's grown and changed since then. I do miss the wolves but I know they can't give every type of animal the appropriate space and habitat. Those elephant fields looks like they are going to be pretty epic!