Sunday, June 15, 2014

Performance and evening with G'vieve

Our final two visits to the kids' school for the year were for a musical performance and a educational night for Genevieve's class. I'm impressed with the Fine Art bulletin board every time it displays new things. This time it was still life drawings.











Genevieve and her classmates























G'vieve did a super job with her part. She has excellent rhythm. She was also very happy to have her mom, dad, Garrett and me in the audience.

When we signed out on the visitor's sheet I noticed a new bouquet in the office. 
The roses were glorious! I hope that the teacher that provides this beauty gets thanked every day.
Jim and Patty's on the westside



I stopped in at Jim and Patty's on the way home to see if our friend Michael was working. He was not but I enjoyed one of their fine cups of coffee anyway and brought a little pastry treat home for Harlan.
Due to traffic congestion I drove through the city again. I never get tired of noticing lovely things as I'm stopped at lights. I sometimes get caught appreciating them a little too long for my fellow commuters :0)
"A Celebration of Learning"
The three second grade classrooms were transformed into centers for learning. Not only the classrooms but the hallways in that wing of the school! If we didn't have a preschooler with us I would have loved to stay for an hour or more reading all of the interesting facts that were presented by the students. We were able to get to see all of the things Genevieve contributed to the project. They worked hard all year on various aspects of ocean life. It really showed in their displays.
Good work guys and gals!



























No comments: