Sunday, June 01, 2014

Wonderful time at the Children's Museum

There is a new exhibit that opened on Earth Day 


 






 Garrett loves digging. I stayed with him in the campsite area and let him sit and play in the dirt while Cherise and the other kids went to check out the...
She called down to me to bring Garrett up there too. It was pretty great!



 This huge sandbox was just what these guys needed. 
It reminded them of the days on the beach in San Diego. 
 There are fountains that turn on periodically throughout the Outdoor Adventure area. We were able to get buckets of water from one of them to carry back to the sand table. They've pretty much thought of everything.




I think they could have stayed out there for several hours playing. That would have required some sunscreen but we had the entire indoor space to explore.
Indoor performance area




Building fun
 

 Water fun 

Camera fun
Snacks and time to go
 Kids of all ages are fascinated by these things. There is something mesmerizing about watching those coins roll around and around before they eventually drop into the container for donations below. These guys cleaned me out of small change.


 Garrett and Anabelle got their faces painted in the creative play area. Bellie is a kitty but Garrett wanted to be a chipmunk.

All three kids had fun with the hand stamper at the entrance desk.


The big kids had graham crackers and Quinn had a bottle. We had a bit of shopping to do at Washington Square for a July girly's birthday present. She didn't pay any attention to what her mom was buying. She is going to LOVE it!
My old old stomping grounds ;0)
It's been almost 33 years since I last worked here. Sears is just barely visible over my left shoulder in this selfie. It was at that Sears where I had my one and only job in Oregon. Harlan spent many a Thursday and Friday afternoon walking around this mall waiting for me to get off of work. His shifts at Intel were 7 p.m. til 7 a.m. Sunday through Wednesday. I worked Mon-Fri from 9-5. It was nice to walk down memory lane.
Next time I'll have to bring Har!

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Too fun! I hope you had a chance to get in there and have some museum fun with those kiddos. With so many photo ops it seems like it'd be hard to do anything but sit back and enjoy watching/documenting how cute your grandkids are! ;) I've heard there are a few children's museums around our area as well. Maybe we'll have to go check ours out!