Saturday, June 11, 2011

End of school year = crunch time :P

Messing around
What better way to blow off end of school stress than with Har's new leaf blower attachment from his shop-vac. Makes for new hair styles for the guys.

Creating my oasis



Last year I bought a similar planter to this one. It was glorious all summer. I'm looking forward to enjoying this planter as well.










I found this unique looking fuchsia at Freddies. It was the only one like it. The pink and green variegated leaves are so pretty. I'm anxious to see what the flowers look like. Har is going to hang it for me on the archway of the porch closest to the driveway.







Sun loving petunias. I must admit I'm not super successful on keeping them blooming all summer. Is there a trick to it? I've seen some amazing color last all summer in planters around town. So there must be something I'm missing.
Another planter that I got super cheap at K-mart. It was on the porch briefly but I now have it where it can get the sun it loves. The sidewalk chalk is going to get more use real soon. We have only 4 more days of this school year.

Somebody else got a haircut!
After cutting the girls hair, it was so obvious that Wyatt hadn't had a trim in a long time. When he was home for the weekend he got his summer Marine regulation hair cut. It is so easy for the hot weather. It also feels cool when you run your hand over it backward.

Garrett's corner
These are the toys of Garrett's babyhood. In a few short days he's getting some new ones. Can you believe it? He is going to be one on Tuesday!
I'm sure I'll be snapping photos left and right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We are winding down the school year. I must say it has been the most challenging one in all our home schooling years. I love Connections Academy but it was difficult to keep my guys motivated. I must say that this cheerleading mom is going to enjoy the time off this summer.
We're finishing with just enough steam. PTL!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 comments:

Lyssa said...

Haha! I love the guy's hair :) congrats on surviving the school year (almost) when it's all done Katie and I will have to take you mall walking some morning to celebrate :)

Also I love your plants and flowers :) your porch is going to be a garden!

P.S. I know lot of acronyms but mine are all military not "teenager-y" soooooo... I'm confused... PTL? Did you just cheer for Portland?

mommarazzi said...

My acronyms are pretty ancient and far from teenager-y though I like to shock some of them by using OMG! every now and then. And since it was way before your time I'll excuse your not knowing the PTL acronym. Back in the day there was a religious broadcast show called the PTL Club. It stood for Praise the Lord!

Indeed the end of this school year is having me shout!

Lyssa said...

Oooooooooooooh, I get it, praise Him indeed! Heartily! :D

Reese said...

I love the windswept looks. Have a fun birthday with that little guy.