Saturday, June 04, 2011

Two guys

The Pirate and the Ninja
(not technically)

Happy Birthday Dave!
My brother, Dave, just celebrated his birthday. I wish we weren't 2/3 of a continent away so we could celebrate some of these milestones. He is a mere 18 months older than me. I look up to him in more ways than the obvious one and am proud to be related to such a cool guy.
I'm sure the swashbuckler stare that he's sporting in the above photo will do him well in fending off unwanted suitors, as he has two gorgeous daughters. I'm equally sure his US Marine Corp trained talents may help in that department as well.
Dave has taught me a lot. He is so much more disciplined than I am. He's learned a lot more about what is important. How to work, play and kick back. How to spend time with the critters. I hope to grow up to be more like him. He is a great brother. Hope his birthday was great too!

Happy Birthday Logan!

















Logan is having a birthday this week as well. I wish we could be up there to celebrate with him and his family. I admire him so much. What a great example he is to our boys. The photos I hijacked from Alyssa depict his professional and domestic sides. He is most definitely multi-faceted.

This final one was taken awhile back but is a favorite and shows one of his best facets. His tenderness toward his children. I don't know what he is going to be doing after he is done serving our country but teaching is one of the things he does the best. He is always encouraging, instructing, and setting an example for others to follow.

Happy Birthday to my "pirate" brother and to my "ninja" son-in-law. I know it's been said that "Pirates and Ninja's don't get along" but I have a feeling you guys would get along just fine.
You are both amazing!

1 comment:

Courtenzia said...

Even though it didn't have many babies in it, the post is a good one =)
Happy birthday to two awesome guys!!