Sunday, June 26, 2011

Gentlemen start your PEDALS!

Location of the Race
Logan and a buddy, Marcus, are racing this weekend. Down the slopes of Mt Hood! On mountain bikes. Har, the boys and I got to go up with Lyssa and the kids to see where they were racing.

They stopped here on the way












Logan has been working out of town and Lyssa and the kids have been visiting here and in Sisters, so it was nice to see these two together for a few minutes on Friday. I think she has just started to "show" that she is going to have another little guy or gal in December. Cute cute cute!
Marcus has an awesome rig.

Road trip food
Heading east toward the mountain we stopped to get a lunch to share with the guys. It is strange that when you get outside of the inner city you realize that "We are not in NE Portland anymore." Subway delivers? I'm sure I'm going to go through a whole bunch of culture shock again when I travel this coming week. Portland to San Francisco to Chicago and finally to Hancock. The same in reverse order coming home.

View from the parking lot
Golly the trees are tall up there.
The whole parking lot of Ski Bowl looked like a campground. There were RVs but tenting and makeshift camping were more prevalent. Logan and Marcus had a nice little set up here.









Perhaps Har will compete in the senior rookie category next year. He takes such interest in all the things that go into making a quality racing bike.

Rowie and Katie had fun eating their lunches on a cot in the shelter with Dad.



The shelter from the front. Pretty nice roughing it like this occasionally.










Flags. One on the top of Logan's bike stand. The others on each side of the trail leading to the lift. The racers get on the lift and then someone puts their bike on the chair behind them. It looks pretty slick.



I didn't hike up the hill to get a better shot of the top of Mt Hood but it is so huge and close here. I wish I had sent my camera up with the group that did walk up the hill to check out some of the trails. Perhaps Lyssa will bring back pics today.

Katie and I waiting














Katie had the whole back of the Tribeca to play around in. I took advantage of their back seat entertainment system and watched Mama Mia. Roughing it for sure.






Good Luck Logan (and Marcus)
Logan was finally free to do a couple of practice runs in the early afternoon. We packed up and headed back home. He texted and said that the runs went well. Hope he does well in the actual race.

Mountain in the rearview mirror
Lyssa took this photo as we were driving back down. It was a beautiful day for a drive. It was breezy and a bit chilly while we were there.

We have fee-free access to Oregon State parks this summer. I think we should do a few day trips. The kids would love it! Especially if we get to have a cook-out.

When I get back from my trip Har and I will have to take out the calendar and make some plans. And I'll take pictures ;0)

1 comment:

Reese said...

Sounds like such a fun time. Yes, you'll have to take advantage of the state parks. We will do the same as we're able to later on.