Thursday, June 23, 2011

What have I been up to?

Eating cinnamon rolls YUM!
Courtney made cinnamon rolls for her dad for Father's Day. He's been wanting her to do that for some time. Poor guy is deprived in the bakery department. I don't know if the baking genes skipped a generation or what, but I just am not fond of baking. Cooking... yes, but not making "goodies" for the family. Courtney takes after her grandmothers. Harlan's mom was a baking whiz. She always had something freshly made for coffee time. My mom is baking cookies all the time for Papa Don and the folks around there. I just tell my kids to make some toast if they want something warm and tasty.
Sewing, sewing and sewing








I may not bake, but I do sew. I have been busy making 3 quilts for a silent auction that is going to be going on at our family reunion in Michigan in July.

While working on this one I felt like I was working on something for a beach house. The colors and patterns make me feel refreshed.

I made one twin sized one and two throw sized.





This quilt feels Scandinavian to me. The pattern of the red, white and blue floral pattern makes me think of things Har's mom had around the house. The back is made of the light green fabric. Another sunny throw.














This is very much a country calico quilt. As light as it looks, it is going to keep somebody cozy as the back is a dahlia pattern floral flannel.

I love them all! I've never made a quilt without knowing who was going to be using it. So this is quite different.


Henry's new quilt









The kids each have Gramma blankies here at the house and I did make Henry an all flannel one when he was born but I wanted to give him one to use in his new yard for picnics and such. His momma told me that he will probably use it on his bed since it is a summer weight and he could use the light covers.



Sometime in the next week
I really want to make the time to get over to Peninsula Park before I head out to Michigan. The roses should be beautiful now. Our cold wet spring kept them from blooming on time but they are finally blooming nicely.
Lloyd Center's signature roses are gorgeous! I get to look at their loveliness as I wait for Har to join me for our Happy Hour date on Thursdays.
I can hardly wait because today is THURSDAY! Traditions are good.
And this is turning into a great tradition.

3 comments:

Reese said...

I love cinnamon rolls. I made them once. They were yummy.

I also love Henry's quilt and the edging. Cute!

Lyssa said...

I wish I were going to be there for the silent auction, I love the scandy feeling quilt :) great job on all of those! Maybe we'll just have to go back where you got that fabric and see if we can't find some more ;)

Courtenzia said...

Those cinnamon rolls were the best I've ever made, if I do say so myself.
The third quilt still reminds me of Grandma Hilman. Maybe because of all the pink..
I still have to get over to the park to take pictures! We were supposed to like 2 weeks ago, but haven't gotten the chance yet =( Maybe I can meet you there and we can take pictures together =)