Thursday, February 06, 2014

A day off from school = an outing with the kids

Introduction to...
It was a teacher's inservice day in both of our school districts. I wanted to treat the kids to lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory but the one closest to their house isn't open for lunch. So we drove around a bit and ended up at FIVE GUYS. They had never been there before so everything was fun and new.
At FIVE GUYS you place your order and they pack everything into large brown paper bags that have the receipt taped to the outside. Each burger or hot dog is listed by number so you can tell whose they are by the number tag on the wrapper. Danika was pretty pleased that her hot dog was number six, the same as her age :0)






While I was walking around taking pictures Genevieve noticed that Garrett's burger was in the shape of a heart. He's an artist when he's eating.
I have a habit of taking pictures of people when they are eating. You'd never have guessed that Cam and Joylynn are doing just that by looking at them.
SAY AHHHHH
This cell phone photo was the perfect addition to this post.
Cutie Anabelle is sharing her Cheerio with us. She looks happy in spite of that bonk she got on her eye.
Riding in the front seat
Our truck has a feature to turn off the passenger airbag which is nice since car seats don't fit on the jump seats as well as Joylynn and I do.
Garrett and Grampa got to be in the front during a recent appointment day.
Let me entertain you...


After spending the night with Charles and Courtney, Danika and Garrett spent the day at our place. He took over my kitchen tv and she put a movie going on Grampa's computer in the music room. I need to do a lot of clearing stuff out in the way of kids clothes and toys around here. I want to have a few quality toys to keep for all of the grands to use when they visit.


I have some wooden puzzles, a puppet stage and puppets, a playhouse and just added these stacking/nesting blocks. 




I'm trying to figure out how people move on into life without children in the home? 
We spent such an extended time in the preschool/homeschool years that I'm struggling now.
I have had to learn to cook small for the first time in years. 
Harlan used to comment on my cooking for a crowd when we were first married as I went from living with my Mom, Dad, brothers and sisters to just the two of us. We're entering into that newly wed mentality again. 
Just the two of us.
It actually sounds kinda nice!

No comments: