Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Wintery weather and drive

Our winter wonderland became an obstacle and a concern for me. I wanted to be available to head out when Cherise called to let me know that she was in labor.
After the snow came the ice


Our weekend of lovely snow turned icy before it started getting warmer. I ventured out to take just a few photos on Sunday morning. The iced sculptures were really pretty but the roads were no where near good enough for me to drive on.
The Tri-city kids were enjoying a weekend of snow too

Henry-boy and Bellie-girl had fun in the snow that came down at their place. Baby Quinn was still hanging in there so there was still time for things to melt off a bit.
Tuesday was the first day that roads were clear from here to there
I was getting some preparations made to possibly be out of town over Valentine's Day weekend. Courtney's birthday stuff was stowed to be given to her by Harlan on her birthday. I had bought Valentines for Joylynn's kids and some candy for my guys. So I was pretty set when Cherise called to say she was in labor. I was packed and on my way within the hour.


 The freeway was just wet but there was plenty of white on the sides of the roads. The frozen  waterfalls were impressive. I made one pit stop in Biggs and continued on toward the hospital.
 They had snow there too.
These guys are pros at this birthing stuff



Reesie did great at managing the pain and Kiel was there holding her hand through each contraction.
It was less than two hours after I got there that the baby was delivered!
 Things went pretty fast there at the end. 
You can tell by the look of disbelief on Quinn's momma's face.


His Dad snapped a few photos of him to share with friends and family.

 Gramma thinks he's absolutely perfect!

Quinn and his parents were spending the night and I was going to be staying with his brother and sister. 
They were looking forward to meeting him the next day.

No comments: