Saturday, February 08, 2014

"Now I sing my song to make the snow come down…"

Heikki Lunta made it snow!
The snow arrived on Thursday midday. 
Schools were dismissed early and Harlan's work closed as well.

 It's been awhile since we've seen any real sticking snow. It is so pretty.













I took a picture through one of the holes in the screen door and then another one after night fell. It is so quiet when it snows. 

No school or work on Friday either
 Ry came in around 8 a.m. He was out enjoying the snow and having breakfast at Denny's. It looks as though he stopped at a Starbuck's on his way home too.









 Har and I bundled up and walked down to Lloyd Center. We stopped for coffee on the way and walked around inside the mall getting warmed up for the walk home. Thank you to every neighbor along the way who shoveled the sidewalks in front of their homes. It's easier to walk on the cement than in the snow.
 More fun on Saturday


We don't have nearly as many little birds on our porch as Cherise has on her deck! 
It's so fun to try to figure out who's been here?
 This one is hard to see but I made a snow angel in the yard.
 And I got to shovel the sidewalk. I'm thinking those pedestrians that are braving the weather will appreciate it.
 The FAM sure appreciated me breaking out the Cracker Barrel muffin mix to go with my homemade  lean turkey chili! Perfect combination for a cold snowy day.
 Our tarp garage periodically shed some of the snow accumulation when the wind came in and shook it loose. But the snow still was coming down.



















The poor little daffodil that bloomed over a week ago was leaning down and frozen stiff. I rescued it and it's now gracing the mantle as a sign that this snow is temporary and the rain will be arriving  before long.

We're in for a bit more before it's over though
Sunday services all over the Portland area have been cancelled for tomorrow.
I posted the picture of myself shoveling on FaceBook and commented that I may be able to trade my shovel for a hockey stick and my boots for skates as freezing rain is in the forecast.

I hope it melts quickly and travel conditions improve because I want to be there when that newest little grandson is born! I'll be there as soon as I can Quinn :0) 

1 comment:

Reese said...

I was wondering how your daffodil was doing. Looks warm now anyway :)