Saturday, February 01, 2014

Hodge podge of an update

Here are just a few more photos of our January happenings.
Harlan's project
Harlan took on a project to assemble a coat bin and cubby for the school at our church. We picked up the already cut pieces from a gentleman who made one but didn't have the time to finish a second one. My design making and perfectionist hubby had to take some deep breaths and "Just Do It". I think it turned out amazing in spite of all of the flaws that Har can point out. 





I'm sure the little kids that will be using it will not notice that the top cubbies are a tad taller than the lower ones. It was the official first thing hauled in our new truck.
Thanks to our niece, Ronda, 
I can enjoy my coffee in New York
Ronda and her sisters spent a sister's weekend in New York City to celebrate the 50th birthday of our niece, Kristen. Through FaceBook messaging I contacted Ronda to see if she could pick up a mug to add to my "You Are Here" collection. She did!!!



We were able to meet recently for me to pick it up and pay her for it. Thank you again, Ronda!
I love these stackable fun coffee mugs!
My new recliner
I saved some Christmas money and spent it on a recliner for myself. It looked like a regular armchair and was very comfy but, voila, it had a foot rest that popped out. Har and I now have his and hers chairs just like Edith and Archie :0)
New waters...


Cam is only a sophomore but he's being wooed by schools far and wide. The first was U of O and then a passel of others. He's definitely thinking of college but hasn't narrowed anything down yet. Ry is wondering where the OSU letter is! I think Cam is waiting for the MIT one ;0)
Michigan Tech maybe?
He doesn't look much like a Tech TOOT these days. 
Perhaps if we got him a chook and some swampers.

No comments: