Saturday, September 17, 2011

A few of my favorite things

Roses
I missed the rose show during Rose Festival so was surprised by the Rose Society set up at Lloyd Center this morning. Most roses these days don't have any fragrance. These ones did and it was heavenly!

Signs
Not necessarily one of my favorite things but signs amuse me and are helpful. I like knowing where I am. The bike signs all over town are pretty cool.

More flowers
I don't know what sort of flowers these are but these are growing at church. And they are pretty.

Unique lighting
This was taken one morning while I was driving east on Multnomah in the early morning. The sun was reflecting off the Lloyd Tower and reflecting off of my van.

Baby Belly Laughs
Babies have infectious laughs anyway but this little guy is a happy one. He can be crying his eyes out and if you startle him he'll bust out laughing. He also loves being thrown up in the air by his Uncle Hayden.

Wild and Crazy Girls
I really enjoy watching the kids play with carefree abandon. That is something that should be a part of every kid's childhood.

Dress up and role play
Wyatt with his balloon gun and his snuggy is now some sort of Jedi fighting off bad guys.

Helpers
The kids don't have regular chores but need to keep track of their things. They also need to have good attitudes when asked to pitch in. Most of the time that is the case.
Gar will "help" to empty my shopping cart. He is going to benefit from a lot of one on one time once the siblings are all in school.

Random weirdness
Yes, I took a picture of my tachometer. What I was trying to capture was the mileage. I'm a gal that notices things like that. Totally random and not noteworthy to anyone.

Teddy Bear Tea
I happen upon these sort of scenes from time to time. They make me smile.

Did I mention flowers?
If you have a camera in your purse you too can take pictures of flowers that someone else is going to buy. I need to buy myself some gladiolas. They are lovely.

Harlan
He really is my favorite! Don't know where, what or who I'd be without him. This journey we're on may not be the one we'd planned but we are doing okay. I'd really love to do more road trips with him one of these days.

This is my 102nd post so far in 2011. It ties for the most posts ever done in a year. So the next post is heading into uncharted territory. I'll let you know how it is.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Reese said...

This post made me smile and smile. Great favorite things.

Lyssa said...

Hear hear :) I liked this one :)