Monday, September 19, 2011

Oh Brother! I've missed you sew!

Fall = time for projects and crafts
I haven't sewn anything since last Spring when I made the quilts for the Family Reunion Silent Auction. This week I was able to shop for fabric and whip up a little lap quilt for Danika.

My little Brother machine
Since repairing my Pfaff would cost more than 3 of these little basic sewing machines I've opted to save for an upgrade. In the mean time this little baby has sewn miles and miles of seams. I dusted her off and got busy making Danika's blanket for her nap time at school.
Finished quilt. It is so bright and cheerful. The whole back is the bookworm and apple print that declares "I like to learn!"

Snug as a bug
She tried it out during nap-time yesterday. I told her that the wise old owls on it know when it's time to sleep and when it's time to wake up. I hope she heeds their counsel.

This may become a morning ritual
Garrett is getting so squirrelly when it comes to getting his diaper changed. He is ready to be down and running almost before I get it fastened. This morning he didn't want to wait to get his pajamas back on and wasn't ready to get dressed. So he ran around looking like a penguin.
He did have a half of banana in each hand for continued energy. As if he needs more! The doctor says I need to give him iron supplements! I think I need them first to get ready for the burst of activity.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Lola Bacon said...

Gorgeous quilt! Simon sure loves is, he stills shows if off when new people come to visit.

Lyssa said...

Super cute quilt, I agree! Will she be able to take it to preschool with her for naptime there?

mommarazzi said...

It is for napping at school. She will bring it home every Friday for washing. First day went "Awesome!" according to her.