Friday, September 16, 2011

Missing our Lacey Peeps

Katie and Garrett are Buds
I take a bunch of photos but only a fraction reach my blog. I took a few of Katie playing with or along side Garrett (as toddlers are known to do) one of the days they were here. They demolished the birthday banner that served us so well for the month of August.
Katie liked the Dora guitar that Danika got for her birthday better than the paper letters.
Garrett, however, is all about shredding paper. It's what he does. We really have to watch him with books at this stage. He'll learn... and hopefully learn to love to read in the process!

Just before they loaded up
Rowan was on the phone talking to Aunty Coco since she and Charlie were not going to be here to say goodbye in person. This photo and a couple of others taken at the same time, are the only ones I got of Rowan the whole time they were here. He is always busy playing with the Uncles or Cousins and doesn't need as much watching as the "littles".

Our little Flannel loving Pixie
Kate doesn't have one favorite blanket like a lot of kids. She has several and they are mostly all flannel. When they were here, Lyssa asked if I'd make her a flannel pillowcase. She is hugging her pillow on her lap. As soon as Lyssa slipped her pillow into the case Kate carried it around. She loves her new pillow. It should soften with every wash and become more cherished.

Canine Companion
Can't forget the other member of their family. He was there before any of the kids came along. I have not met a nicer dog. I think some of it has to do with breed but Logan and Lyssa did a great job of training him. Way to be great, Max!

September Calendar art
I love my Susan Winget calendar. I buy a Lang calendar every year. I haven't gotten my 2012 one yet. I'm not sure of the philosophical truth of the sentiment here but I find myself needing to sow more Joy, hang on to Faith, nurture Love and reap increasing Hope.

Looking forward to this Harvest Season!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Nice one! Phooey on blogpress and their lack of red-eye fixing. It looks great :) We're looking forward to our next opportunity to head south and shred things ;)