Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A peek at Spring and artwork

Bulbs are up and blooming
Last Spring I bought a couple of color bowls from Freddies. They have been behind the porch railing since their blooms faded. I usually slip the soil, bulbs and all out and plant them on the side of the driveway but we have a garage there now so they spent the fall and winter out of sight. Last week I notice they were sprouting and put them up on the railing. The mini daffodils are the only things blooming but it's so nice to have a bit of color on these grey days.

A sampling of Danika's artwork
Tomorrow night is a parent meeting at Danika's preschool. We are going to get to see their art portfolio for the year. I've seen so many of the cute projects gracing the classroom walls it's going to be fun to see them all put together. She brought home these projects yesterday that obviously weren't put in the portfolio. Some of them are quite recent.


















They have been talking a lot about Kindergarten in the classroom. Some kids are going to be riding a school bus for the first time.
I'm so pleased that Danika has had this "Head Start". She is going to be so prepared when she gets to Kindergarten.

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

That reminds me! Logan said he saw some daffodils blooming in the yard. I'll have to go take a picture, cause that's just what you do when flowers bloom! ;)

I love preschool art :) I should do more of it with my kiddos.