Friday, February 10, 2012

Simply loverly

Another redo of my floral arrangement




I bought a wonderful bouquet at Safeway and snipped and placed the flowers into the floral foam. The result was another beautiful arrangement for us to enjoy. It is back up on the mantle by the only Valentine's decorations we have in the house this year.


















Can you say "eclectic"?
Danika dressed herself for school. I was cool with her choices. Sometimes I am not. She had fun and but it was pretty funky. I believe that the glasses made the outfit. Stylin'!

Kettleman Bagels

One of the few things I miss about not driving to the west side to drop kids off at school is the occasional stop I'd make at Sunrise Bagels. It was such a nice place. I wish we had one on this side of town. I even mentioned it to the owner at one point. Hinted that he should move into the old Bibo location that was most recently Noodles and Co. It would be ideal... or would have been. Just about that time a Kettleman's Bagels came in on NE 22nd and Broadway.
Today was the first time I've been there. It had good bagels, but the clerk was a bit brusk. Having never been there before I guess I wasn't making decisions fast enough. Next time, if there is one, I will go in, find a table, sit, and peruse the giant menu on the wall that wasn't evident when I walked in this morning, as it is on the same wall as the entrance. I will then decide what I want, make my order and enjoy the lovely view of the street through the enormous windows.









Both the cheese with cream cheese and the blueberry with cream cheese had a bit too much cream cheese for Courtney and my liking but the bagels themselves were tasty.
Garrett loved the window sill that was wide enough for him to sit on and scoot from one side of the booth to the other along it.

I felt a bit like Eliza Doolittle



















It's primrose season! The displays at Fred Meyer were so gorgeous. I love the variety that resembles a hibiscus crossed with a rose. So lovely. They had plenty of the traditional kind too.


















The Postman only rang once
We have a doorbell again! It rang and I found a package from my mother!!! I loved all of the stamps she put on there.
She bought me a new pair of shoes. They are super fancy walking shoes. Though according to the box they can be used for running. I don't think I've ever actually run in my life.












I will attempt to achieve a "new balance" in my life. But I don't think I can promise to "Love RUNNING more". Perhaps we can compromise to having me "dislike running less".
Who knows I may end up being a runner one of these years.
For now I'll be a fancy walker with my new shoes.
Thanks MOM!!!

No comments: