Tuesday, February 07, 2012

IMHO I have some of the cutest and best grandchildren EVER!

Car craziness
Garrett droops pretty much like clockwork between 10 and 11 a.m. Here he has every indication of falling asleep in his car seat. We don't like when he does this because even if he gets only 5 minutes of sleep he thinks he's done with napping for the day. So I enlisted Krystle and Courtney to keep him awake until we got home.
Krystle tried the manually keep his eyes open routine. Courtney and I were loudly trying to play peek-a-boo. We successfully got home and he did get a real nap. Boy the tricks we have to pull out sometimes!


New projects and their inspirations











Don't let the perfectly angelic photo fool you. This little girl is a rough and tumble cutie. The caped ducky fabric was purchased for Katie many months ago. But it was just recently that I realized I had the perfect complementary fabric. She will soon get a new blanket that very well could be used as a cape in her adventures as she turns 2 years old next month.



The other little Virginia Miss
I'm so thankful for my sister and her camera for keeping me supplied with photos of these kidlets. Evie is 2 months old already. I'm sure she hasn't worn out her blankets yet but I think she could use some more to coordinate with different outfits.














These are both going to be double sided flannels. The white with blue bows fabric is the softest flannel I've ever felt. I think it will go great with her new blue and green outfit pictured below. The block and dot blanket is just going to be fun and colorful.

She's a bright eyed little one.

Speaking of Bright Eyes...










Anabelle is 7 months old! Cherise sent this after bath picture to my phone last night. She's got the most adorable face! Look at those eye lashes. I'm envious of those but totally in love with this little pixie! I made her a Gramma blanket for her to use here but wanted one for her to use at home too. So I picked out some pretty girly patterns and hope to get to sewing soon.



Our boy Henry










This is another cell phone picture from Cherise. I sent the kids a fizzy heart thing for their tub water. That's why it is pink. Henry (almost 2 1/2) is such a busy, smart boy. He loves his books and his arts and crafts and he knows how to use the potty when he has the motivation. He also loves animals. So I got a dog print and a frog print for his new blanket. The entire back will be done with the bug fabric. He (like most of the boys) is a bit camera shy. But I adore this blonde haired brown eyed boy just the way he is. Perfect!


A bit of whimsy
I found Sgt Gum, here, inspecting these toothbrush recruits in the bathroom the other day. They are doing a fine job. Keep up the good work!
Danika has a dentist appointment coming up and I need to make one for each of the other two big kids. They haven't visited there yet but I think they'll enjoy the Hollywood themed office. I love it. Sure wish Dr. Badger took patients over 21.

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

We love gramma blankies!! (and quilts and whatever else you small amount of "spare" time can cook up;)) I think I told you but Katie's apple blankie is her favorite now (followed by the penguins). She still likes all of them though and is quite quick at pointing out if I try to give her one of "Ebie's" blankies by mistake! ;)

By the way thank you for "stealing" pictures to post of my kids. If it weren't for you and Aunty Kelly no one would ever see them! (3 is a bit more time consuming than I once imagined! My poor online audience is practically forgotten now... Not actually forgotten of course! They've just slipped down the priority list... Behind "rest my body and brain" ;) haha