Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My morning with our 20 year old daughter

Early morning Valentine photo
Logged on to Facebook this morning and this is what I saw.
So sweet little Valentine!

Our Forever Valentine is 20 years old!
Garrett and I took Courtney out for a Valentine/Birthday outing. On the way to the mall we were talking on speaker phone with Alyssa. Garrett was not sitting on Courtney's lap while I was driving. He was taken out of his seat after we parked and before we ended the call.
The mall has great furniture for just chillin' out. It was a great morning to do just that. We had a bit to eat. Met up with Harlan for coffee and Cinnabon!

Getting to be a grown-up







While walking through Barnes and Noble Courts saw a book that she won't be able to read anymore. "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens". I handed her the new book that she needs for the days, weeks, months and years ahead. "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff... and it's all small stuff". Amen!

One more stop... the flower shop!
Girls need flowers on their birthdays. So we got Courtney flowers... held by a teddy bear.
It was a good morning.

Happy Valentine's Day to my guys









Each of our boys woke up to a box of chocolates and a card from me.
I got one for each of our original 8 that are in town.

My first and forever Valentine!
Photographic proof that he met us for coffee. Garrett and he did a few trips up the escalator and back down. So not only did Har get coffee and a cinnamon roll; he also got some exercise before he went back to work :0)

Some other Valentine greetings I got today




Henry and Anabelle!


















Katie and Evie!











I'll probably be taking some more photos before the day is out. Will get those posted soon.


Happy Heart Day!!!
Love you!

3 comments:

mommarazzi said...

Five out of seven people on this blog post are wearing plaid.

Reese said...

Funny, even though I dressed him, when I read your comment, I didn't remember he had on plaid.

Lyssa said...

Valentines day shall now be the day for chocolate, flowers, hearts, and plaid! :)