Monday, July 16, 2012

Already??? Back to school prep

 Checking out the flowers

 Both of these pictures are a little blurry but they are so colorful and lovely. I've been gazing across the street at the beautiful hydrangeas blooming in our neighbor Ann's front yard.  I haven't felt inclined to walk over there and snap pictures but I happened to park on that side the other day so I took a couple quick pics. All I can say is WOW! I love the luxury of my view.
People looking at our house see nothing but impatiens in various colors. They fill my desire to have the feeling of being in a garden when sitting on the porch. My cup full of plants is getting a little leggy.  I'm going to be pinching it back a bit and getting it out of the deep shade to get it blooming more abundantly.
A tiny breather
 Yesterday morning, after many days of sunny and warm weather, we woke up to what Har and I call "Seattle rain". It was more of a heavy mist.  To this rain lovin' gal it was a welcome change in the weather. It only lasted for the morning and we had clouds for the rest of the day. Today summer is back and in the forecast for the rest of the week so you SunBunnies can stop panicking ;0)
 UPS tracking and shopping
We got an email telling us that Cameron's 2012/13 curriculum has been shipped. It should be here this Wednesday. He's officially in high school. At least he isn't in drivers ed yet! I'm not looking forward to that at all.
 I was able to get a little bit of back-to-school shopping done this weekend. I can just imagine Danika wanting to wear colorful knee socks with heels to school. Oh my that girl can put the colors and patterns together! Fred Meyer has incredible sales on school supplies. Put that together with an additional 60% off of clearance prices on tons of t-shirts, tops  and jean capris and we have a good start on school wardrobes.
 I know it's early to be stocking up...but having 5 birthday kids in August now, we have to get stuff when we have the money. So this year it's Back-to-School in July! 
Blue-green with envy
My sister, Kara, sent me this awesome picture from her cell phone. These kids just finished eating pizza at the Ambassador in Houghton, MI. Harlan and I used to get to-go sandwiches from there since he worked across the street at what was then, the Best Western King's Inn. Just across that bridge is Hancock, where I was born. I lived on that peninsula until I got married and moved out west.
It's so great to see these precious kids enjoying their time there.
I give this a big thumbs up!

No comments: