Thursday, July 05, 2012

It felt like a weekend...

Tuesday night at the movies



Harlan and I went out to the movies on Tuesday night. It felt just like a Friday night date. We checked out the new Cinetopia at the Vancouver Mall (which is called by some other name now that I never remember). We sat in the 21 and over theater so we had a menu and service to our seats. Pretty swanky.
 Blurry picture of me wearing the 3-D glasses, talking on my cell phone and taking a picture with my camera. I'm so high tech hey?
We saw "Brave" which was an okay movie. The 3-D was pretty cool. I would have liked a bit more character development but it' a kids flick so I guess they gear it toward them.  We wanted to experience the new sound technology that is built into this theater.  I really couldn't tell the difference but some people say it's pretty amazing. I'm just happy we got to go out and enjoy some time together.

Holidays are all about the food



I wimped out in the cooking department this 4th of July.  We ordered a BBQ Picnic Pack from Shari's. It included 5 lbs of barbecued ribs, 2 different sides, corn bread and pie. I made a potato salad to go with the beans and cole slaw that they provided. It wasn't as picture perfect as their sign but it was pretty tasty.
 Red, white and blue dessert.
Shari's cherry pie with vanilla ice cream and blueberries.
They tell me it was delicious.
Partying into the night
Courtney worked from 2-10 and we didn't want to fight the crowds at a fireworks show so we opted to stay home, watch some professional fireworks on tv and wait until the neighbors were all done with their illegal fireworks fun and then went to bed.
We did have glow stick flags and Old Navy t-shirts, proudly displayed by Krystle.
Hope everyone had a safe and happy mid-week celebration.

Heading to the Wallas to party with the birthday girl!
What a cutie!
Little Miss Anabelle Alyssa will be one.

No comments: