Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pieces of heart

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." Elizabeth Stone

If the above quote is correct, my heart is traveling all over the U.S. at this time. I know I made the decision to send Hayden to Virginia and Michigan. I'm trying really hard not to wish myself there too.
We've been keeping in touch
 Alyssa sent this picture of Katie with her Uncle "Haydee".  She's saying "Me room" meaning there is room for her on the chair with him. I'm glad that Rowan and Katie remember him.  And that he's getting to know Evie too.
One of my favorite text messages
After seeing a sign like this, as they crossed the Ohio/Michigan border, Hayden sent me a text message that said, 
"We just passed a sign that said 'Welcome to Pure Michigan'...We're now in the mother land."
Hope he sends me pictures of "Mother" (Lake) Superior when he gets there.
Cell phone update photo
Crossing the Mighty Mac between the Lower Peninsula of Michigan and the Upper Peninsula. It was Alyssa and Hayden's first time crossing that bridge. The land straight ahead in the picture is the U.P. the true mother-land.
Aunty Kara's cell phone picture
Kara took a picture of Kate and Evie on Kelly's porch this morning. I love that they're getting to spend a couple of weeks being loved on by all of those Yooper relatives. 
More of my heart will be in the Copper Country this weekend as Cherise and family arrive there.
Keep up the picture taking.  Get some of Muumuu with her "little loves".
Not missin' the bugs
This winged creature looks pretty harmless, but the bugs are the one thing that I don't miss about Michigan. They can keep their mosquitoes and biting flies. I'll keep my open windows without screens here in Oregon.

2 comments:

loverstreet said...

thanks for sharing the great photos!

brandon and i are headed for yooper country in september. a friend is getting married at byers lake in schoolcraft county. do you know that area at all? we aren't sure the best airport to fly into (i.e. cheap + relatively shortest drive).

Reese said...

Oh wow that Evie looks like such a big girl =D Cute cute!
Definitely can't wait to go up there this weekend and see everyone in person!