Monday, July 09, 2012

Lunch and the Pumpkin Patch

Leisurely Lunch
 I surprised Harlan by arranging to have our friends Tom and Kim meet us for lunch after church.  We went to our closest McMenamin's on 15th and Broadway.  The restaurant is on the second floor of the building and has the nicest patio overlooking 15th Ave and Weidler. It was breezy and an ideal temperature.  A perfect place to chat over lunch. We weren't there quite 2 hours and decided to head over to Gustav's for dessert.  The food at both restaurants was wonderful but the company was better. It is great to be able to  spend time with friends who know us so well. 
Lots of laughs. Time well spent. It was like medicine for the soul.
Cart full of cuteness
 I took these three shopping with me today.
Out to Sauvie Island
 Last time I was out there with Cherise, Henry and Anabelle we didn't get to go into the Animal Barn.

Since we weren't going to be picking berries today I let the kids run around for a bit. 


 My favorite animal was the rabbit. But the other furry critters were pretty cool too. But for some reason the kids were fascinated with the young turkeys.  They are really not very attractive at this stage.  They actually look rather mangy.
Did you know?
 If Wyatt was here he'd have read these chicken facts.
Corn Maze in the making
 When Cherise and I were there a few weeks ago this was a dirt field. We wondered why they hadn't planted it for the corn maze.  I guess they plant a little later than we thought.  The corn plants are about 4-5 in tall.  I'm sure they will be tall enough in time for the September opening of the maze. 
Farm machinery
This picnic area is such a draw for the kids, because of the tractor and other machinery. Garrett was barely able to climb over the log that was separating the parking lot from the picnic tables. He wanted his turn to drive the tractor though.


 Put him up on the seat and had a hard time getting him to give anyone else a turn. They all got to drive and then we went into the market and picked up what we were there for in the first place.
Blueberries!
These will be for fresh eating.  I want to get out and pick some for the freezer before they are gone for the season. But it will have to be in the morning before it gets too warm.
I'm not a fan of warm. But I love berries all year long!

No comments: