Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Happy 4th!

Independence Day Treat
 We love See's candies in this family. So when I get an opportunity to spread the love, I do. 
This box went to Alyssa's family with Hayden.
I like the idea of customizing the packaging with a holiday themed sleeve on each box. They used to wrap the boxes for each holiday which left people to unwrap them if it was a birthday gift or such.
Good idea See's... and they're pretty too!
My weekend project

Alyssa commented that she liked this palette of fabric when I took a picture of it a while ago.  So when thinking about something I could send to her these quilt makings came to mind.
Still playing around with my embroidery feature on my sewing machine.
Lyssa said it was the perfect sentiment for a migratory military family.  Where ever their "nest" happens to be is home.  
Little Munchkin
I'm so happy that my sister, Kelly gets to mush up this little one on a regular basis. Also that Hayden gets to snuggle her for a month.  I'll wait my turn. 
 But Evie Baby you'd better be prepared when you come off that plane in October!
Gramma's going to be ready to kiss those cute cheeks!

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

I can't wait for October? I know the kids will love as much Gramma as they can get!! ;) and of course Grampa, Goddy, and Gremmy too, and the cousins, and aunties, and uncles! Good times ahead :)

Good times now too! Thank you for the gifts and goodies, I was just thinking about breaking into that festive wrapping. Thanks also for sending Hayden so far :) we are lovin having him here and looking forward to his company on the road too!

Happy independence day! :)