Saturday, July 21, 2012

Baby steps

My littlest guy
Garrett and I have a unique bond.  But he knows that I'm Gramma and that Joylynn is Momma. He is totally two and incredibly sweet.
They're here
Cam's hard copy curriculum came in. He's obviously going to have a couple of online only classes to go with these. If he needs help with anything Geometry may come back to me if I work at it. Physical Science nope. World History is the only one that I have any clue about.  I  hope he and his teachers get a good rapport going right away because this "learning coach" appears to be in over her head this year. Glad they are his classes not mine.
 New views
 OHSU has a Wellness and Fitness Center somewhere in that building. One of these days Harlan and I are going to have to ride the tram from there up to the top on Marquam Hill.
My health and wellness building


I have separated myself from traditional medical treatment recently.  I still have a general practitioner and see him annually but the take a pill philosophy just isn't what I want.  I want wellness not a band-aid. So I'm consulting a physician at the College of Natural Medicine not far from that OHSU building.
I have been very impressed with the staff that I have met there. I am attempting to take their advice and make small changes to my lifestyle to see if my maladies are remedied or markedly improved.
Living Wall
Each of these plants is growing in a pouch attached to the wall. At the bottom of the wall is  tray with rocks in it.  I'm sure that there is some sort of irrigation system set up to keep these things green and healthy. It is very impressive as it's probably 10 ft tall and maybe 15-18 feet across. An excellent means of air filtration.
  Getting the kids involved

I picked up a little DVD and booklet that the kids can watch to help them learn about healthy food choices.  They may learn a little Spanish in the process. I also picked up a recipe book that features all varieties of fruits and vegetables in their recipes. 
Perhaps if the kids help make it they're more likely to eat it!
Late blooming lilies
 I don't know what variety of lilies these are but I thought they were very pretty.  There were about 10 empty stems for every blossom so they are at the end of their blooming cycle. 
The constant renewal of nature amazes me.
Another fabric purchase
Evie has the newborn quilt that goes with her Moses basket but I think she might need one for her crib. So I picked up a couple of new fabrics to make one.
I hope she likes it! I think her mom is going to.
Gotta get sewing so she can have it when they get home from their Michigan trip or soon after.

No comments: