Sunday, October 14, 2012

A change for the season

It's officially Fall!
 It's now time for hot chocolate and steamed cider and pumpkin lattes. A pumpkin latte tastes ever so much better if it happens to be served in a fall leaf cup.
Last year I never even got these mugs out.
I'm purposing to decorate more for the holidays this year.
Sunday morning photos
 Beautiful leaves at the park near Fred Meyer.
 The new play structure where I'm planning to take Rowan and Katie to play.
My favorite trees on NE 24th Ave. I drive by these weeping birch trees and wish I had a couple in our yard. I think they are beautiful spring, summer, fall and winter.
At least the fence is in focus! I was trying to get a picture of the rising sun reflecting off of the buildings near Lloyd Center. I don't think driving and taking pictures works so well :P
A sign of things to come
I used the photo editor on this picture that I took at Freddy's this morning.
It makes these poinsettias look almost fake.
It is unreal that Christmas plants are displayed already.
I can see buying lights and decorations and tucking them away for a month and a half. But these plants have to be cared for and kept alive. Something I'm not too good at.

I think I'll buy me a nice big gold mum plant.
At least it can be planted outside when its blooms fade.

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Poinsettias in October = ridiculous!

Hooray for colorful leaves and new play places! Can't wait to get those kiddos running around there :)