Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Gramma blankies X 2


Getting ready for Katie and Evie


I wanted to make a special quilt for each of the girls to use while they are visiting here. I've had the fabric for Evie's for some time but I picked up the cute umbrella fabric for Katie's last week.



It was getting down to the wire. It takes about 3 1/2 hours per quilt from yard goods to ready to wash quilt. 
 I cut them out on Saturday, did a tiny bit of sewing on them on Sunday, including the embroidery.

Monday, I brought them with me to snip seams while waiting for the kids up at the school. Finally sewed all of the columns together, snipped the final seams and washed them this afternoon
Finished and ready to snuggle


 The quilts need to be shaken out a bit more to get all of the little snips of threads off of them but they are ready for the girls to use tonight. 


I do have some fabric to make one for Rowan sometime this coming week. He still has the "Gramma Blankie" I made for him here.

Impatiently waiting!!!
They are on their way.  We are soooo excited.
 Tomorrow I hope to post pictures of the girls with their blankets.
Alyssa is looking forward to visiting Fred Meyer first thing.
I guess there's no place like it.

1 comment:

Reese said...

I want to visit Fred Meyer too :)