Tuesday, October 02, 2012

October! You're so lovely

Hurray for harvest
October always reminds me of my dad. Probably because his birthday is this month but I think it's more of a feeling. October to me is the beginning of coziness. Time to start eating warm soups and fresh bread. Watching football and wearing sweaters. The colors of autumn are amazing too! 

Fred Meyer Photo shoot


I took tons of pictures at Fred Meyer today of the glorious flowers and fall displays. This display was missing one flower pot so Garrett filled the space ;0)
I must complement these folks on the terrific job they do of setting up their products.  
Very nice and picturesque!

My memory fails me sometimes
No Godivas or Emperors this Friday. 
It's Picture Day at the school. I should have put "sign forms" and "send money" on the calendar too.

The October b'day girl
Genevieve is a sweet one that will be 7 on the 11th of the month. She has a cute little grin here, but I want her to smile with all her jack-o-lantern teeth gaps on her birthday.

This display inside of the garden center was missing 3 pots of flowers! 
A perfect place for three precious people to pose!

It's a Danika game!
She is a funny girl with her asking, "What's the word on the street?" when she saw "No Parking" painted on the road. She's getting to recognize all kinds of letters and words.  Still it will be a little while before we can buy this game for her.

Illusion of full blown fall

I took a picture of this water tower and the colorful leaves in the sunshine. It made it seem like there was a maple in full color. Not quite. There is maybe an eighth of the tree changed the rest is still very green. But there are hints of the season changing all over town.

If you give a Mom a cookie...
She's going to want a cup of coffee to go with it.
Shortbread and coffee to dunk it in...the perfect afternoon snack.

1 comment:

Reese said...

That cookie plus a coffee sounds amazing ;)