Monday, November 19, 2012

Boys and their toys

Five Guys with these Three guys
Cousin Sebastian spent the weekend with us. We had to run Wyatt and Garrett home late on Saturday so we grabbed these guys too. We brought them with us to: 1. Get them away from the computers and 2. Feed them some big food. Five Guys is a favorite of Hayden and Cam's. I think it was the first time Seb has been there.
Courts and Charles sharing their new toys









Courtney and Charles have a new game system. A WiiU. I walked in to see these four sitting on the couch in the den each with a controller. Charlie had the fancy WiiU controller in his hand and he was seeing his game playing on the controller screen. The controller camera projected a live picture of Charlie onto the tv where the other 3 guys had characters playing.
It  all discombobulates me.
Drawing names for Christmas ~ Harlan style

















Harlan and I were talking about Christmas gifts, list making and gift exchange for the adults in the family. In the past few years I have written down everyone's name and picked them out of a hat and made a master list. I then informed people of whose name they had. I mentioned to Harlan that I needed to do that again very soon. He volunteered to help. He wrote a computer program to randomly pick names from a list given to the computer and pair them with another name from the list. He made it compare so no one got their own name. He also made it print only one copy and erase the list from the computer so only I know who has whose name. He saved the program to use again next year. At that point he'll revamp it a bit to make sure that next year you don't have the same name that you had this year.

Somehow I think it would have been easier to find a hat.
It worked pretty slick though!

No comments: