Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanks-full

We gathered together...
 I love my new candle centerpiece that is going to take me through til New Years with a few fall things removed and a few Christmassy things added.
The kids' table
 Joylynn said that she didn't ever remember us having a "kids' table" before but I'm pretty sure we have. I found this great table cloth with activities on it. Perfect for keeping them occupied while the food was being plated.









 I think we bought enough sparkling beverages for the whole family if everyone was here. We had only 14 of the 23 of us eating here this year. We have quite a few unopened bottles left. Hayden had the honor of pouring.


 Joylynn and the girls made place cards for everyone. She only had enough for 12 and there was another kit here so Genevieve and Wyatt made Rylan's and Charlie's. I took a picture of Krystle's plate. I just noticed that she didn't take any roasted brussel sprouts!
A few of the attendees



Garrett, Gramma, Charles and Courtney.
Harlan was seated to my left. Krystle and Hayden to my right.



Joylynn and Jess by candle light. Cam sat on their side of the table with them.
 Henry and Anabelle were with us via a photo sent by Cherise. We just made it large and put the iPad on the table. Their ham dinner looked yummy!
Dessert pies and coffee
I didn't make our pies from scratch so Marie Callander did it for me. Just bake and eat :)
We had a whole pie and a half left for coffee time today.

I'm grateful to have had a house full of kids and grands to pause and recognize all of the blessings we have. Thanksgiving is over but we are anticipating the Advent season.
Harlan and Hayden are deciding where our Christmas tree is going to go and what lights are needed where. I'm more than willing to let them figure that stuff out.  I have more sewing to do :D
The finished quilts
(L-R) Alyssa's, mine, Cherise's, Joylynn's, Krystle's and Courtney's. The only person who knew they were getting one was Alyssa since she picked out fabrics when she was here.
I did get to Joann Fabrics this morning as $1.75 a yard for flannel that was regularly $6.99 a yard is pretty great!  Picked up enough to keep me out of mischief for awhile ;)

Hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving Day and that 
the season ahead will be filled with JOY!

2 comments:

mommarazzi said...

Nobody told me I was still wearing Evie's hairbow! I put it there to keep it from getting lost.

Reese said...

:) Funny. (about the hairbow)
Cute post, your thanksgiving looked lovely. Glad Henry and Anabelle could be there :)