Thursday, November 15, 2012

I've got Christmas on the brain

Quilt Sewing
 This is the main fabric for the lap quilt I'm making for Har and myself. Alyssa found the fabric when she was out here. She said it reminds her of us. It really does look like a combination our interests and coloring.
Window shopping



Courtney, Cam and I did a late night run to Fred Meyer the other night. The remodel is finished! We did a bit of wandering after picking up the milk that we went there for. I dragged them out to the garden center where they have fresh wreaths for sale. They each donned one and I put on a candle wreath. I asked Courtney if it looked goofy. She laughed and said, "Yes." I think I looked like Mother Nature going to a winter wedding in a really weird looking hat.





Only at night when there are very few other people in the store can you get away with trying on decorations like they are something to wear. It is getting to look like Thanksgiving has come and gone already. Tomorrow Har and I are going to go to celebrate the grand re-opening of the store and hopefully pick up our turkey and some non perishable stuff for Thanksgiving Dinner.
Ornament Crafting
I like to get an ornament every year for our kids. I don't always get them for the married kids anymore and don't always get them for the grandkids. This year I found these cool fairly unbreakable ornament in a variety of colors and decided to personalize them for the grands.


I'm almost tempted to hang these on my own tree but I'll send them off for the kids to enjoy on their trees. Courtney saw this display of nine ornaments and told Charlie that they need to have a baby to make it a full triangle shape. One of these days that is going to be a possibility but completing my Christmas tree shape isn't a good enough reason to start a family ;)
Happy Houring
Hayden stepped up to watch the kids so I could kidnap Harlan and go to happy hour. We picked a great day to do it. They introduced a brand new happy hour menu at Newport Seafood Grill today. Harlan tried two of the sliders which came with hand made chips, I had a spicy chicken taco and we shared an order of onion rings. There are a couple of other intriguing items that we'll have to sample next time. Hurray for gift cards! We ate for free!!!

1 comment:

Reese said...

I want to come see Freddy's :)
That living room above is Cam's, I think. Courtney's would be more homey and cozy and Cam's would be simple and classic.

We are also thinking about christmas a lot. We are going to get a tree this weekend (artificial) but not set it up until after thanksgiving. I just want to have it and start thinking about decorating :)