Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Projects and appointments

Stacks and stacks of sewing
 I have 7 quilts cut, sandwiched, stacked and ready to start being sewn. I hope to get to a couple tonight after supper. I have one errand to run in the morning and then I can dedicate a few hours to my sewing and snipping. I'm trying to make progress because I promised myself (and Har) that I wouldn't shop at the fabric store on Black Friday for their awesome sales if I haven't finished these projects.
Shopping the pet store


Notice the caution cones are only in front of the cat. I guess dogs are not to be feared as much as cats. We were in the market for a few new friends for our fish tank. We got these five little tiger barbs. We also got five little danios, one of which has managed to disappear already. Sheesh, fish can be tricky.

What is this sign all about?
 I saw this "Safe Assembly" sign on a light post in the middle of a parking lot down on SE 82nd. What does it mean? I've never seen one before. I guess I could google it and get educated hey?
A visit with Dr Howard




I think that perhaps in Feb of 1965, Har's brother, Howard may have looked a little bit like Cam looks today at fourteen years 3 months. I asked Howard if I could take a picture of him for the blog and he said it was okay. So here he is at work looking a little like Inspector Gadget. Cam wasn't as pleased to pose for my camera but I took the picture anyway. 
After school shopping helpers



The toy area at Whole Foods has some really cool things. The girls ooohed and aaaahed and I'm sure added to their mental Christmas wish lists.
 These are the people in our neighborhood and a couple that live in our house. 
These Melissa and Doug puppets were so fun looking!
We're going to have to get back up there to pick up some apples before they go off sale. They looked so yummy. The leaf decals on the window are pretty nice too (though not for sale).

The girls were wanting me to buy a turkey today. They are really looking forward to Thanksgiving because they get a whole week off of school!
Thanksgiving is right around the corner and the earliest it can be, as there are 5 Thursdays in November this year. Next year it will be the latest it can possibly be... Nov 28th!

If I get my projects done this week, our tree might go up early next week. The Fam is getting pumped to decorate for the holidays.

No comments: