Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Double dental visit

Art on a tailgate
 While coming home this a.m. from the kids' school I spotted this truck ahead of me. I was surprised to see that what I thought was a lovely design etched on the truck was actually a lovely design etched in the dirt on the truck. I wish I had someone to do artwork on our van. Either that or I need to get someone to wash it for me! 
The joys of spring showers and road grime :P

Both girls had appointments
 Danika had her dental appointment for a cleaning, fluoride and x-rays this afternoon. Genevieve was there for her final appointment to get a couple little fillings. They have been talking about this visit for almost a month. They planned on what they were going to play with and sure enough, they spent their waiting time in the kitchen area.

Genevieve was in the U of O room again



Danika was in the pink chair
Danika has only a couple of requests when she goes to the dentist; bubble gum fluoride and the pink chair.






I caught her checking out her sparkling teeth in the mirror. She earned prizes from 4 different colored drawers. 


Glow in the dark eyeballs! Bed time should be interesting tonight.
While Genevieve was being worked on, Danika started watching Cinderella. She said she's never seen this movie. Is that even possible? When was the last time it came out of the "Disney Vault"?

I see new things every time I go there 
These cute little hooks are in the back hall near the break room. I guess you use whichever hook suits you that day.

 I had never noticed these outside each of the operatories either. Pretty neat, if you ask me!

Finally finished



 Genevieve got away from there with quite a stash of prizes too.  Today was Stuffed Animal Day at school for Spirit week, so Genevieve had her stuffed giraffe to hug during her procedure. He also was there to supervise the prize picking. She doesn't look too happy but she was still numb.
Skipping back to the van, talking about after school snacks. Genevieve is going to be eating soft things for the rest of the day but she's pretty happy to be all done with her appointments.

Just in case you think we only have pick and white blossoms
 They are few and far between but there are splashes of bright yellow around the neighborhood too (apart from those abundant daffodils).
I'm loving these springy colors!

1 comment:

Reese said...

Way to go girlies. I did my initial visit with my new dentist, I think he will be good. I go in for my full exam in a couple weeks, they only did a partial exam to make sure the pain I had wasn't an emergency (it isn't)