Friday, March 15, 2013

Wishing a friend a beautiful birthday

Spending time with a leprechaun 



Garrett picked out a headband complete with wiggly shamrocks. He's all ready for St Paddy's day on Sunday. He has a new t-shirt with a leprechaun band on it called "The Sham Rocks".  I hope Joylynn takes pictures of their "Wearin' o' the Green" on the weekend.

Pi day!
We celebrated 3-14 aka Pi Day (3.14) yesterday with a yummy cherry pie. I think Harlan appreciated it more than anyone. Poor guy is dessert deprived more often than not.

 Partylite party
It turns out that 3 of my girls attended the Partylite show with me last night. Joylynn is wanting to start selling their wonderful candles again. Courtney was there to ohhh and ahhh. Cherise was there via facetime from Southern California and I was there to SHOP!

Prettiness inside and outside



I joked with Harlan thanking him for buying me flowers. He did pay for them, he just didn't pick them out. After Courtney's birthday flowers faded, I was feeling the need for more cheeriness in my dining room. It turns out that we're getting treated to a lot of lovely flowering trees around the neighborhood this week as well. These pink and white blossoms are on the same tree. So pretty!

Beautiful day to celebrate a beautiful lady

 Harlan and I were so pleased to be able to have lunch with Tom and Kim to celebrate Kim's birthday. Salty's on the Columbia was the place she chose.
The food was wonderful and the company beyond compare.
 I think this was a white chocolate truffle cake. It looked delicious!


 A party isn't complete without a little magic


 It is quite impressive to see a couple of forks being held up on the edge of a glass by a mere quarter.
The maestro behind the magic? Sir Thomas!

A wish and a smile











 The trees outside of the restaurant were blossoming so I had Har take my picture. We then saw a single dandelion in full seed. We were wishing for a grandkid to be there to pick it and blow a wish. I'm sure our yard will be loaded with them before long and the grands will need no prompting in seeding the neighborhood with them.


1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Happy birthday to Gramma Kim!! :) Looks like a good time was indeed had by all!

I wish I could have been party to the partylite party but I didn't find out about it until the day of and we were super busy :P Perhaps I can jump in when Coco has one...