Sunday, March 17, 2013

Images of St Paddy's Day

Cute little coffee shop

 When we were in Raymond, WA last weekend I popped into a little coffee shop called "One Moore Cup". I would love to spend a part of every morning sitting in their lovely log cabin. 





The barista there had put up St Patrick's Day decorations. It reminded me of my days of serving coffee at New Song. I loved changing up the decor to match the seasons.



 She had little leprechauns on shelves and tucked into greenery here and there. It was so quaint and cozy! While chatting I found out that she had moved there from Goldendale, WA. She went to school with my brother-in-law Michael's nephew, Eddie. Small world! (I don't remember her first name but her last name is Williams)

St Patrick & our shared heritage
I don't know a whole lot about St Patrick. I do know that he is the patron saint of Ireland but that is about all. I found this prayer that he is supposed to have prayed.
May the Strength of God pilot us. 
May the Power of God preserve us.
May the Wisdom of God instruct us.
May the Hand of God protect us.
May the Way of God direct us.
May the Shield of God defend us.
May the Host of God guard us.
Against the snares of the evil ones.
Against temptations of the world 

May Christ be with us!
May Christ be before us!
May Christ be in us,
Christ be over all!
May Thy Salvation, Lord,
Always be ours,
This day, O Lord, and evermore. Amen.

and this one that is attributed to him as well.

“Christ with me,
Christ before me,

Christ behind me,
Christ in me,
Christ beneath me,
Christ above me,
Christ on my right,
Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down,
Christ when I sit down,
Christ when I arise,
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.”― St. Patrick

I really like that line about "Christ (being) in the heart of every man who thinks of me". Wouldn't that be something? Everyone who is celebrating this day, in whatever manner, being drawn to Christ!

Bless us, O Lord, and these, thy gifts...














We are thankful for all our blessings. Corned beef and cabbage dinners included ;0)





No comments: