Sunday, March 03, 2013

Good job kids!

Grampa and the Gar-meister 
 Garrett very clearly asked Grampa for a piggy back ride. Who can refuse the request when they look at  that cute little face?
Hip Hip Hooray!
Wyatt and Genevieve came home from school with quarterly recognition awards. Both are for working toward being IB learners.

IB learners strive to be:

inquirers
knowledgeable
thinkers
communicators
principled
open-minded
caring
risk-takers
balanced
reflective.
Way to go guys!

Spring fashions size 8-18

I saw this display of skinny jeans at Freddies and thought that they'd put the girls clothes in the wrong space. Nope. These are boys pants. Very colorful aren't they?! 
I don't think Cam, Hayden or Wyatt will be sporting these any time soon.

 My kind of dog for the time being

 I didn't buy any of these dogs. But I thought they were pretty cute. There are tons of new things at Fred Meyere these days. The dachshund reminded me of our friend Joanne's dog, Trooper and the Jack Russell made me think of our friend Joy's dog, Lizzie (though Liz isn't scruffy as she is a jack russell type terrier).


I think if people can not keep control of their dogs they should be relegated to having one like these. Poor Rylan had a bit (no pun intended :o) ) of a run in with a dog on his way to work last Sunday night. He didn't tell me about it until Tuesday. I snapped this photo of his leg on Wednesday and would love to find out if the dog was current on its shots. Some dog owners... Grrrrr!
Beach blanket w/o the B-I-N-G-O

In making this little quilt  I tried mixing my methods. I did some of it in piecework and then assembled it using the rag quilt method. It's about 45" x 45" and only 2 layers thick. I planned for Cherise to fold it up and throw it in with her beach bag so the kids have a place to sit out of the sand to have a snack. 

4 comments:

Lyssa said...

Love that picture of Dad and GarBear! :) super cute!!

I've seen that dog artwork on etsy, that guy has a lot more too. I wonder if the prices are better online or at the store... hmm...

Those pants are ridiculous but that quilt is CRAZY CUTE! I love it!! Way to branch out :) it's beautiful.

Lyssa said...

P.S. Was that dog even tied up?? You should call the city or animal control!

Reese said...

hmm, I miiight put those blue pants on Henry. But probably not the other. Especially the grey - those are SO 80's :P

mommarazzi said...

The dog was not tied. I ran at him from a yard. The owner was right there but Rylan didn't stop to try to make friends. It only broke through the skin in one place and didn't tear his trousers so he thinks it will be fine. :0)