Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday

Genevieve is 6!
Our #1 grand-girl turned 6 years old today. She woke up to find a new outfit laid out for school. She looks so grown up in her preppy skirt, tie and knee socks.

Well wishes
Genevieve's Kindergarten teacher puts out a daily message to the children. It always starts out with "Dear Kindergarten boys and girls" and ends with "Love, Mrs Mease". I'm trying to save them because it lists things they are doing each day. At the end of the year it will be like a diary in a box. Birthdays are special so Mrs Mease publishes a special message.

Birthday Ballerina
This doll in a cake thing works better with an angel food but I made it work with a bundt by wrapping the actual pan and using it as a stand.
Blowing out the candles.
So fun watching her open things that she "always wanted!"

Favorite balloon
She picked this one as her favorite from her balloon bouquet.
"Because it looks like a present."

Goodnight Sweet Girl
Her last present was a new pair of pajamas from Har and me. Tinkerbell is an appropriate character for her to wear. She is quite the little pixie.

Happy Birthday sweet Genevieve!
We love you
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Lyssa said...

She's a sweetie for sure! Do me a favor though and remind me not to appear in the background of pictures while pregnant ;) it's a good thing Genevieve is so cute, I'm probably the only one who sees me. Haha.

It seems that she had a good birthday. She was all smiles whenever I saw her :) it was super fun to be a part of it.

Reese said...

Yay Genevieve! We will have a little something for her when we come =) You can let her know.

Lys - At my baby shower in WW, the Hem girls took lots of pictures in which I appeared only in the background and I agree!

Reese said...

Oh, Mom - I was JUST thinking about the barbie cakes you used to make for us and the blueberry cake you made for Rylan's 9th birthday. And you say you don't bake...