Saturday, October 01, 2011

Month for pumpkins and other produce

Grapes on the arbor
We visited Courtney and Charlie today and I saw these concord grapes growing in the back yard. My Dad's parents in Hancock, Michigan had concord grapes in their yard when I was growing up. They make great juice or jelly but I'm not super fond of eating them fresh.

Courtney's Great Pumpkin
This pumpkin will make an excellent jack-o-lantern later this month. It's so cool looking! I love Courtney's new hair do too. Super cute short bangs.

I have a couple of Baker girls
Cherise and Courtney both like to bake. They did not get that from me. I dislike baking. Too fussy compared to simply cooking. I can cook and I can grill but don't bake too much. Courtney's first pumpkin pies turned out Great!
Beautifully presented.
Charles enjoying pie and coffee with Har, Courts and me.
The munchkins are very grateful that Aunty Coco makes such yummy treats~

A new calendar page
Though Halloween is not my favorite celebration during the year, I like my cute jack-o-lantern October calendar picture. For one thing, none of them are scary looking. Another thing is that the 8 of them remind me of our grandkids. Plus we used to have a little black kitten that looked very much like the one pictured. So I'm not going to mind looking at this for the next 30 days.
Our kitten grew up. She is a scaredy cat even though she looks a little spooky from the camera flash.

Preparing for the creepiness
I'll get through seeing goblins and ghouls and yucky things for a few weeks. The whole month of October, retail wise, is focused on the end of the month. This little creepy crawly is the only kind I enjoy. I don't know what sort of caterpillar this is but I remember the first time I saw one like this. Rylan was less than a year old and we were at the coast at Ecola State Park. They were everywhere! He loved it.

In the meantime, I think I'll focus on two months of Thanksgiving and harvest celebrations. God is so good. We have such bounty and we are thankful.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

6 comments:

Reese said...

Cute pumpkins indeed.

Courtney copied me! I made yummy pumpkin pie this week. I might just go eat the last piece now... yummmm

Courtenzia said...

Thanks for stopping by, mom! It was fun and we should do it again. Charlie say so too =)
I didn't think about how I was copying you, Cherise, until I was about to cut the first pie into pieces =P I feel like going and getting into the second pie now..

Lyssa said...

I say you guys should be TEAM BAKE for Thanksgiving! You should have team colors and a mascot... and bake!! Bake like the wind!! :D

and the rest of us will be TEAM EAT AND THANK TEAM BAKE, our team color will plaid and our mascot will be Logan in a plaid shirt :)

Mom, nice post :) I think you should "name" all the pumpkins on your calendar. That is, write the kids' names on them with a pen. Then we should recreate the lineup on your front steps next time they're all there! :D

mommarazzi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Courtenzia said...

I like the idea of Team Bake. But what would our mascot be...?? Maybe a certain little Peanut Girl wearing a baker's hat and apron?? I think yes!

Lyssa said...

I think you'll just have to talk to the other half of possible TEAM BAKE :)