Sunday, October 09, 2011

Kids playing and a Baptism

Lego Boy
Wyatt loves building stuff with Legos. He is constantly showing up with one creation or another and explaining how each guy, or "dude" as he calls them, works or is going to operate.
I can't remember what all these dudes are for but they are going to work together to accomplish something amazing.

Girls playing quietly
Harlan got a new dry erase board for himself as he tends to like to sketch out his plans for projects around the house. He also uses it when he's tutoring the kids in any subject. The girls always want to use it themselves. Here they have it divided so they both have somewhere to draw. Genevieve drew someone riding a sheep.
I took a picture of someone riding a sheep!
I bought this and someday I'm hoping it will find a home in Sisters. What do you think Gremmy and Goddy? Do you have room for Lulu?

We visited Courtney and Charles' Church
I should have taken a picture of the entire front of the church. It's really nice. This is Englewood Christian Church in NE Portland. Courtney and Charlie have been attending here for a few months. He plays guitar for worship and she sings on the worship team.
I took pictures in "manner mode" so some of them are blurry. I like that I got a photo of the New Life in Christ banner since...

Charles got Baptized!
It was great to be there to witness this step of his continuing to follow Christ with his life decisions. Here he is going down into the water.
Coming up out of the water.

Membership decision
Courtney also made a public declaration of commitment to this local church body. I am pleased that they are getting involved and ministering together.

After service lunch
Shari's at Delta Park is where Courtney and Charlie went to breakfast on their first day as marrieds so we went there again to celebrate their newest commitments.
Charlie's parents Kieth and Joanne were there with us.
The Domina "daughters", Brianna and Courtney, with G'vieve and Danika.
Harlan, Cam, Garrett and I were there too along with these guys. We filled a couple of booths and enjoyed our food.
Looking forward to a quiet day of "rest".

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Courtenzia said...

Yay for Charlie!! I'm so glad that you guys and Kieth, Joanne, and Brianna could all make it =) It means so much to me and I know it means even more to Charlie!

Lyssa said...

Looks like a great day for the Domina/Hilman families :) Way to go Charlie and Courtney! What an awesome thing to celebrate.