Wednesday, October 26, 2011

School Spirit and a sign of the time (of year)

Some schools we support
We have had kids attending various universities and colleges. First Portland Community College, followed by Oregon State University, Montana State University, Walla Walla Community College, Washington State University, Whitman University, & Pusan National University. Only one is featured on our front door in honor of Rylan's engineering degree from OSU.
For the past 7 years we've had students in Connections Academy. It's an online public charter school. We love it!
Our first public education experience was at Sabin Elementary and as I mentioned before, when our kids attended there was no mascot. Now that our grandchildren are students there we are embracing the "Tickle Bee" as the mascot.

Look who flew in from Michigan!
We have our very own Tickle Bee on our front door now amongst the other school clings. A big THANK YOU! to my cousin Deb who saw the photo of the school poster and made this for us. Wyatt and Genevieve were so excited. I like that our screen door looks like a honeycomb for the bee.
Pointing out the placement of our bee.
This sign was purchased when Courtney, Hayden and Cameron were really little. About 12 years ago. We have a new batch of "attack kids" living here. I'm sure when we get our door bell fixed we will see them in full force.


Early Christmas Decor
Joann's fabrics has such fun stuff for decorating homes including our craft areas. I have purchased some fabrics to make flannel blankets for Logan and Lyssa's new baby. I've got to get started sewing (perhaps this week). I hope the family is patient with me gives me grace for the time I spend sewing. It is very therapeutic!

I took the following photos of the flannel pairings that are going to be for Evie.
#1
#2
#3
#4

I want to enjoy coffee or tea under a cozy quilt
I'm hoping to zip up a little lap quilt for the holidays.
Our boys have volunteered to help decorate the house this year. We have some new ideas and want to get them started. I wonder if the extended family that is planning to join us for Thanksgiving will boycott if we have Christmas decorations going up before then.
We've never done it before so I don't know.
Traditions can be pretty strong things.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Courtenzia said...

I love love LOVE the 4th blanket for Evie! I want one for one of my babies when Charlie and I have kids. Owls are one of my favorites, but they have to be cute like they are on that fabric =)

Also, the Tickle Bee is pretty great. Deb does a super amazing job on those window clings!!

Reese said...

Yep, you forgot Eastern Oregon University, it was a short one, but I did work in the library there and in the agricultural education department while I studied.

mommarazzi said...

How could I have forgotten your time in LaGrande, Cherise! Also I didn't mention that Har and I have attended Michigan Tech and Michigan State respectively. He got a diploma... I did not.