Saturday, October 29, 2011

Prelude to Pumpkin Day

Of course it was Pizza Night
We chose to carve pumpkins on Friday evening. A stop at Papa Murphy's and we had a pumpkin shaped pizza for those cheese and pepperoni lovers.

Pile o' Pumpkins
Jess hauled in all of the pumpkins from the porch to warm up before we cut into them. Those pumpkin guts can freeze your fingers off if they are carved right after bringing them in. The babies had a hard time leaving them alone.
A couple of the boys were squeamish about pulling out the seeds. Genevieve didn't have any problems and Katie got right in there helping Danika with her pumpkin.

"Put her in a pumpkin shell..."
Hayden's pumpkin was quite roomy. Garrett wasn't too thrilled with taking a turn sitting in it but Katie was cool with it.

Three of the finished ones
From left to right: Genevieve's, Wyatt's and Danika's. They each designed their own jack-o-lantern faces.

Pumpkin 'stache
Mr Mischief in his pumpkin mustache.

I have a bunch more pictures that I'd love to post but technology has once again struck me a cruel blow. I can no longer rotate the photos I import from my camera onto my iPad. I've been such a whiner since Harlan did an upgrade on the iPad last night and a bunch of glitches have been popping up. Har is ready to ground me from using it. I need an attitude adjustment and just be thankful that I can update the blog at all. Even if I have to settle for a handful of horizontal shots.

Last night's pumpkin carving was great! I will take some horizontal photos of all of the jack-o-lanterns lit for Monday night to post later.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Reese said...

Cute, I think tomorrow we'll finish our pumpkins and get some pics up.