Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Bus station Goodbyes

Foggy morning in NW Portland
It was time for Sir Charles to head out on his journey to Job Corps. According to one of the guys that came to pick up all the new people, this is an excellent time to be joining. Charlie will be there less than two weeks and then come home for Thanksgiving. He will have more than 2 weeks off for Christmas too. Then when he gets into his trade training he'll be able to get some weekend passes to come home or Courtney can go up and spend the day with him.
After getting some information I feel a lot more comfortable with this whole situation.
We were a small group to send him on his way.
There was plenty of time for hugs.
Just like at an airport, there were officials holding signs to indicate where the group should gather.

The "troop" transport
Job Corps has several vehicles and depending on how many people need to be transported they take this bus, a larger one, or a van back and forth from the camp to Portland.
I got a lot of pictures of their backs while they were walking around before the bus took off.
Impromptu Q & A. Charlie was so kind to let Courtney use his jacket.

The EYE
When I took a picture of Har inside this pupil years ago I don't remember there being a steering wheel and sundial type thing behind it.
Psalm 17:8 Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings.

Courtney and Charles you are in a good place.
He will continue to guide and lead you as you seek Him.

5 comments:

Reese said...

Aw =(

No words on here yet. Sad Charlie is gone for so long. Good thing Courtney has everyone around home there with her.

mommarazzi said...

You are always so quick to look at my posts when they aren't fleshed out yet Cherise!

There are lots of life changes happening. It is going to be good though because C & C can see each other and he can make himself a nice little dorm space up at the camp. The guys we met seemed nice. I was surprised that everyone showed up alone. No one to see them off. I'll have to bring cookies to share next time ;0)

Lyssa said...

Wish we could have been there this morning. I also wish I had a camera too (ours is still lost). I think this will be a relatively good time for c & c. He's gone but not far and it seems like they have a good support system so they can support each other through this year.

Good photos mom :) looks like Garrett thought that eye was pretty cool.

loverstreet said...

Does Charlie have a specific trade he is going to be learning? I don't know anything about Job Corps but I hope it is a good time of growth for both of them. Way to send him off in style (and with love)!

Courtenzia said...

He's going in to be a welder. I think that this next year will be ok. I know we'll both grow and learn a lot. Thankfully, we'll be able to see each other often enough =)

There was one guy who laughed at me because I was crying and Charlie told me later on that the guy said that he was jealous because Charlie has someone who loves him.