Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Thanksgiving Day Morning
The day dawned with just a few high clouds and sun. I took this picture looking out of my kitchen window at all the colorful leaves still on the trees.

The "kids" that were here
Logan and Alyssa & their baby bump. (10 days til due date)


















Krystle and Rylan were both here along with Hayden and Cameron.


































Jess and Courtney and Charles got to come to celebrate and share a great meal.


The food was as good as it looks!
We don't get a picture of the traditional whole turkey before carving. With so many to feed, we carve it and platter it. I think it looks pretty great even sliced.
Looks even better plated!

Dessert Table
Homemade pumpkin pie, Mrs Smith's home baked razzleberry pie and Courtney's pretzel salad.

Happiness at the kids' table
They are super happy to have their own nook to eat in. This year Katie and Garrett needed too much supervision with eating. but next year perhaps they can join the big kids.

After Dinner Doings
Katie came up and sat next to me to visit after dinner. She seemed pretty happy to be included with the adults. Before long she was off to play. She and her parents followed Harlan and I on our walk over to Har's brother's house. She warmed up to Howard over a couple of cars and a toy dinosaur. She thought the Hilman Family 2000 reunion photo on Howard's dining room wall was a bunch of people having a dance party because she kept pointing at it and dancing. That reunion was as fun as a beach party!


What a good lookin' bunch! Harlan's sister Anita showed up after this was taken. I should have gathered up the gang for another picture but didn't think of it. You'll have to look back on my Sept 10th blog to see a photo of her ;0)
Howard had a gorgeous fresh flower and candle arrangement on his dining table. I think I'm going to have to hint for one of my own for next month. It was so pretty.

I'm so thankful for each and every one of our kids and grands. And our extended family as well. God is GOOD!

1 comment:

Reese said...

Sad we weren't there, everything looked wonderful =)

Tell Hayden he was looking pretty spiffy!