Saturday, November 05, 2011

Happy 26th Birthday Alyssa

Our Alyssa Dawn is 26 years old!
Alyssa is here with her kids for a time while Logan is away for work. We have Trick-or-treated, celebrated Rowan turning FOUR, she went back up to Lacey for doctor's appointments and is now back here. Today it is her time to be celebrated.
Har and I picked up some flowers and made up a bouquet for her.

Pedicures and Chocolates
Lys and I skipped out at nap time and both of us got pedicures. Including a hot wax treatment that left our feet feeling super soft. Her toes are sparkly orange with flowers, mine are sparkly burgundy. We wore our little foam flip flops out into the mall and over to See's Candies for a couple treats.
What could top that for a birthday treat?

Fondue, dinner and dessert at Gustav's!
Har and I kept with tradition and took the birthday kid out to eat with just the two of us. I didn't let her choose the restaurant and I hope that was alright. We haven't been to Gustav's in a long time.
I didn't get my camera out very often today. Lyssa did snap a picture of her birthday dessert though. It was warm cranberry apple crisp ala mode.
I took a picture of her with it.

The poor abandoned children :(
Katie and Garrett were standing on the couch and watching for us. You'd think we left them for days instead of hours.
Happy Birthday Miss Lys!
Hope the little bit of pampering made you feel every bit as special as you are.

On another topic
Harlan designed a made a stand for our flat screen tv in the den. He finished it yesterday. It is installed temporarily as we will be painting it and all the woodwork in there.
The component shelves and cord hiding structure as well as the mounting bracket are well engineered and really nice looking. Still to come are DVD shelves on each side of it.
I love having such a talented and handy hubby.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: