Friday, November 18, 2011

Visitor from the East

Coffee Date at
My brother Gerry is visiting the area from his home in Tennessee. He is here for a very brief time and we were thankful that he and Amy were able to stop by while they were in NE Portland. We went up to Whole Foods to check out their new remodeled eating area.

Brothas in the hood
Harlan always loves spending time with Gerry. They bonded many many years ago when Har was a student at Michigan Tech and we were newly dating. It seems that no matter how much time goes by between visits these guys can just start up where they left off.

It's looking a lot like Thanksgiving!












Would love to pick up some of these cute candles and perhaps a chocolate turkey or two. I am enjoying the decor and the new store lay out up there. So much to see and explore.






SO Good to see Gerry and Amy
I'm so glad that we have the technology to shrink the miles between us when we are spread out from the West Coast to the East Coast and various spots in between. Family bonds are so important to keep. Love these two!

Sample of Holiday Fare
Costco samples are nothing compared to Whole Foods samples.
This sample of what they are going to have available in their hot deli case on Thursday was yummy! Almost makes me want to be lazy and order some myself.

Take time to...
This was the first time that we've stopped in to Sit, Eat, and Relax.
I'm sure it's not going to be the last. It was very nice sitting back in the corner and having adult conversation. Something Har and I relish these days!

Thank you so much Gerry and Amy for stopping to see us!
"Happy Trails to you until we meet again."
Bless you both.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Nice! I'm glad you guys were able to get away. Even if it was only a block or two ;) I think we might have to get over there for a snack before long. It looks like a cool spot.