Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday Rowan!

Rowan turned 4!
Our Super Sonic grandson is a big 4 year old. He loves being outside and being active. He also likes computer and Wii games. Logan and Alyssa do a great job of keeping him balanced. Timers are often set and fresh air and time outside is never discouraged.

He and his mom made this cake together. I have many great photos of them during the process but all of them are vertical! I'm hoping Lyssa can glean some and post her own blog.

Party room courtesy of the Uncles
Hayden has proven to be a great guy to have around during parties. He is a master with crepe paper and by the looks of this room balloons as well.

Party kid in PJs
We were going to watch Cars 2 but it got too late after we finally got dinner on the table. We did have fun watching Rowie open his gifts and we had yummy cake. Cars 2 will be waiting for another day.
A present came in the mail from Gremmy and Goddy in Sisters.
A lion to snuggle with was one of the things on his wish list.
He got a package from Laramie, Wy from his godparents, Brandon and Lindsey. His cousin Wyatt really really wants one of these now for his birthday.
The chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting was delicious!
Eating birthday cake is serious business. The party wound down in time for all the kids to get to bed at a decent time. After all it is a school night.

Grandchildren are indeed a blessing! Our quiver was full now it's overflowing.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Lyssa said...

Nice photos Mom! :) I'm glad your trusty camera was handy. I am really going to have to get serious about finding mine! I suspect it to be on the coffee table at my house... I often put things there while packing to I "won't forget" :P

In any case it was a super fun day. Thanks for documenting it and for helping out so much! :) Rowan and the rest of the grandkids are blessed to have you guys too!!

Courtenzia said...

I'm so sad I had to work!! It looks like it was super fun. Glad everyone had a good time =)

Reese said...

Good job on the cake Alyssa! Good job on decorations Hayden! Good job on photos Mom!