Sunday, September 30, 2012

Practice pictures

Fire on the Mountain
We have had lots of friends eat at this restaurant, so we thought we'd try it. 
I've been trying to get to know my camera a bit better. Last night I sat at our table and tried to take pictures of the hanging lights at the restaurant. They were each unique and quite pretty.





Lovely lights.
 One of two chicken sculptures. Crazy hey?
Our first impression? The decor is much better than the food. I'm not sure it's a place we'll visit again. Perhaps we should have gone with someone who'd been there before to give us recommendations.

Harvest moon at Cascade Station









After our disappointing meal we took a drive and enjoyed seeing the full moon over Cascade Station. I pulled over and Hayden and I took a few pictures.  These are two of his. We went to Best Buy where I purchased my camera.  There is a photography class that one of the employees gives. It's kind of a get acquainted with your camera deal. I think I might give her a call.

Full moon at daybreak
 After dropping Harlan off at church, I watched as the sky started getting lighter as daybreak approached. It was so pretty with the moon still up and the sunrise starting.
I haven't learned how to take low light pictures but stopped near Lloyd Center to try to figure it out.


I was happy with the way these turned out.
The pink of the sunrise with the red traffic lights, the tree silouhettes and one flying bird. 
I captured more than I thought! 
I've got so much more to learn but I seem to have so many "old dog" days. 
Sometimes I get frustrated when take a picture of something and then the photo doesn't depict what I saw with my eye. 

"I've been taking pictures all my life, 
even before I had a camera."-Sabrina Fairchild

I think that describes me.  One of the perks of digital photography is that I can delete what doesn't work and keep what does!
Speaking of "perks" I think I need some coffee to get me through this day that started too early.

No comments: