Thursday, March 15, 2012

A day or two in the life of us

In my downtime
One day while sitting at the computer I looked over toward my DVD shelf. Did you know that you can play the "Alphabet Game" anywhere? Every letter of the alphabet is represented on these cases except one. Darn "Q". Unless you count a question mark as spoken then perhaps that would count.

Mr Mischief caught in the act


He is indeed and equal opportunity search and destroyer.

Yesterday I found him on the middle of the dining room table taking things out of my purse. When I took that away he went on to try to open Wyatt's pencil case.













Today Harlan had barely put his bike bag down and Garrett was up and checking it out. When the bag was taken away he got into this bin of crayons. Toddlers are so much fun!












Breakfast on the road









Hotcakes are hot! I pulled this one out of the bag and it burned my fingers so I flung it on the steering wheel. It cooled nicely. Garrett ate all three of his hotcakes from McDonald's. He was one hungry boy.






Happy Birthday FRIEND!
I got to have lunch with my friend Kim today! It was her birthday. She is 17 for the third time. She has her actual age posted on facebook. I guess when you look so much younger than your age it's okay to have truth in advertising. But when you get to lookin' your age or older, you do what I did and leave the year blank. Keep 'em guessing.

After school playtime
Wyatt loves this water spot in the nature garden at school. It is not a puddle unless it's been raining, just a low spot. Some kids have taken the logs from various spots around the garden to make a footbridge across the water. Wyatt's rain boots allow him to play in or out of the water and mud without fear of ruining his footwear. Good choice for today, Wy!

Flower shower

I wish my camera was doing a better job of focusing these days. Perhaps I should just bite the bullet and send it out to be replaced or repaired. Most of the photos I took today are out of focus.

The tree on the left is across the street from the school. It seems a pink blossomed tree was grafted into a white blossom tree years ago. The street and sidewalks are littered with tiny petals from all the flowering trees. Definitely a sign of spring.

It would be a perfect time for an outdoor wedding amongst a field full of these blossoms if not for the other showers that come along with this season. I'm often reminded of the old hymn "There shall be Showers of Blessing" during this time of year.

"There shall be showers of blessing, Precious reviving again; Over the hills and the valleys, Sound of abundance of rain.

Showers of blessing, Showers of blessing we need: Mercy drops round us are falling, But for the showers we plead."


2 comments:

Reese said...

Yeah! I got every letter but Q.
Glad you and Kim had a nice lunch =) It is always important to do birthday things. Sorry we can't come for Krystle's big 25.

I also like the flowers =) Just starting to notice some here too. You should get your camera fixed, good pictures are worth it.

I need to find my camera battery charger... then I can take more quality pics than my cell phone.

And also, I like hymns. I don't know all that many, but I like them =)

Lyssa said...

I got all but Q as well :) I like Garrett's face in those photos. Katie gets that face sometimes, concentrated explorer ;) I imagine their thoughts might be, "hmmm, curious..."

I knew it was Krystle's birthday but I didn't realize it was 25 this year. That's cool :)