Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Gramma's holidays

Addition of color



















The hyacinth on the left is growing in my flower bed. I'm amazed the slugs haven't gotten it. The deep purple one is going to be planted in the same bed soon. I think next Spring the two of them will complement each other nicely.

A surprise visit
First day of Spring Break brought happiness to the kids as they got to spend a few minutes with Mommy. It was a brief but welcome visit.

Holidays call for eating out










Courtney joined Harlan and me for breakfast out to celebrate the beginning of her Spring Break. We hadn't been to Elmers in a really long time. Potato pancakes, crepes and french toast. Yum!













Another portion of our den project done
I finally got rid of the mini blinds from the center section of windows in the den. I replace them with a curtain on the lower window and stained glass film on the upper. Perhaps the next project will be paint. One thing at a time.

Catching dinner and a movie at
Clackamas Town Center














I haven't spent much time at Clackamas Town Center. I had no idea there was a mini amusement park on the food court level. I love carousels! The one at Jantzen Beach is my favorite.
Harlan and I ate an early supper and went to see "This Means War". Good food, cute movie and time for the two of us. Very fun.








Spa Day













Much to Courtney's dismay, I went to the nail salon by myself this morning. I was going to only get a pedicure but decided to get my nails done as well.
It's been a very long time since I've had nice nails.

Next on the agenda...
Happy Hour with my honey!
I love holidays.

2 comments:

Lyssa said...

Good for you! :) I hope the pedi wasn't too bad. I told coco to "buck up cowboy", she said she already had, then we discussed the benefits of "alone time" ;)

I hope this small oasis of relaxation and rest will contribute to your overall wellness and that you have taken a moment or two to soak in the quiet time ;) it is a blessing from the Lord! :) Love you mom!!

P.S. I like your pink nails, very good color considering it's the 100th anniversary of the cherry blossom festival! ;)

Courtenzia said...

Isn't that a great movie?? Charlie and I LOVE it! Oh, and I'm glad you got some time to do what you felt like doing without having to worry about anyone else =)